Want to take your digital editing skills to the next level? Learn the key dynamics of video editing & much more from accomplished film editor Luis Zeron (HBO, Netflix).
Sep 18, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
Workshop Fee: $1495
Workshop Duration: 1-week (Monday-Friday)
Workshop Location: On-campus
Class Size: 12
This workshop is for professionals and freelancers who work in the creative industries and use video as a tool in their daily work. Content creators, graphic designers, community managers, motion graphics artists, and others who need to create videos will learn the dynamics of how to edit them for maximum impact.
What you will learn:
- Learn the key dynamics of video editing, taught by an experienced editor.
- Explore the principles of visual storytelling in editing.
- Practice editing projects of different formats: commercials, documentaries, interviews, music videos, and fiction.
- Learn to edit in Adobe Premiere Pro, a versatile and powerful tool.
- Create professional graphics for your videos.
- How to use sound effects and music to enhance your video projects.
- Learn how to use color correction to give a professional look to your videos.
- Discover the best way to export and encode videos for different platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, 4k).
1. Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- 1.1 Interface
- 1.2 Import video and audio
- 1.3 Formats (DSLRs, Go Pro, Drone, Cell phone)
- 1.4 Basic tools and commands
2. Practice editing different formats
- 2.1 Commercial practice
- 2.2 Editing documentaries and interviews
- 2.3 Music videos
- 2.4 Narrative/Fiction scenes
3. Post-production in Adobe Premiere Pro
- 3.1 Editing sound and dialogues
- 3.2 Color correction
- 3.3 Creating graphics
- 3.4 Basic motion effects
4. Encoding and export
- 4.1 Export from Adobe Premiere Pro
- 4.2 How to use Adobe Media Encoder
- 4.3 Export videos for different platforms: web, social media, 4k, and HD
Practice footage for exercises will be provided.
Testimonials from students in classes taught by Luis Zeron:
“The course helped me see the work of an editor in a global way and, at the same time, the importance of keeping an eye on every detail in the construction of a scene.” – Tiago Roberto Gil from São Paulo, Brasil.
“A great value! This is truly a course where you have the feeling that you’ve learned and advanced in your knowledge as an editor.” – Juanjo Onofre from Barcelona, Spain
Also by Luis Zeron – Editing the Genre workshop series:
Instructor: Luis Zerón
Luis Zerón has edited series for Netflix and HBO, feature films, documentaries, music videos, and commercials. Based in Mexico City, he is a member of the AMAE (Spanish association of editors).
Most recently, Luis was Lead Editor for the Netflix global hit series "Triada" which premiered in 2023. He has also worked as Lead Editor and Editor on series like "Dark Desire" (2020-2022, Netflix), "Yankee" (2019, Netflix), "Ingobernable" (2018, Netflix), "El Chapo" (2017, Netflix), and "Sr. Ávila" (2016, HBO), an International Emmy Award-winner. He also recently worked on the feature documentary "Out of Reach: The Struggle of the American Dream" (Socially Distant Productions), which is currently in post-production.
He has a Master of Fine Arts in Media Arts from Maine Media College, a Masters degree in Film Editing from ESCAC Barcelona, and a BA in Communication from the Universidad Iberoamericana Puebla. He teaches editing workshops at Maine Media Workshops + College.