COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update 11/24/20
Dear Maine Media Family,
2020 has presented some remarkable tests.
It has been punctuated by eye-opening challenges and social upheaval, but also unprecedented opportunity and change. Like many of you, we cannot wait to turn the page on the year, and are very curious to know what the coming months will bring. While we continue to be inspired by student successes on our virtual campus, we are so eager to host all of you on our Rockport campus once again. Based on the ever-changing circumstances pertaining to the virus, joining together in person may still be months away. We must remain vigilant and patient.
With that said, we remain cautiously optimistic that we will be able to resume campus programming in the coming year. Maine Media’s Board of Directors, my team and I are closely following reports and recommendations from the Maine Center for Disease Control. We are working closely with our friends and colleagues in the medical profession to prepare for a responsible program, carefully evaluating the situation and taking every precaution. As we press ahead with plans to welcome everyone back to our Rockport Campus, our responsibility for the health and safety of our community, staff, faculty and students remains our most pressing concern. We are eager to have you all return that spark of human energy that makes MMW+C an outstanding place to learn and celebrate media art and visual storytelling.
Michael Mansfield, President
- Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF)
- Boston Artist Relief Fund
- Boston Helps – Resources for people who need help or who can help others
- COVID-19 Mutual Aid Resources
- National Endowment for the Arts COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts / VLA Resource List
- Kickstarter Resource List for Artists in the COVID-19 Crisis (emergency grants, freelance resources, legal aid, etc)