Create an amazing magnetic display box for your favorite keepsakes.
There are no available registration dates at this time.
Note: This class will be held online using the Zoom format, Oct 12-26, 2022 – 3 Wednesdays, from 6-8pm EST
Create a lovely display box for your favorite keepsakes. This double-walled box has a clear acrylic window inset into a cloth-hinged lid with a magnetic enclosure. The paper butterfly is held in place by magnets, so items can be changed out as desired. Together, we will build the box from a provided material kit to make a working model. Participants will learn basic box-making skills, cutting recesses for windows, embedding magnets and steel, and creating cloth hinges. We will also cover how to adjust measurements and cut materials to make custom-fit boxes for your future projects.
6 hours total (three 2-hour sessions over the 3 weeks).
A materials kit is provided with tuition – Please include your mailing address with the registration
- X-Acto knife or scalpel and extra blades
- bone folder
- Metal ruler (at least 12”)
- Small Triangle/Set Square 3-4”
- cutting mat (or layers of cardboard to protect your table while cutting)
- Small pointed scissors
- PVA glue and glue brush
- Gel Super glue (loctite gel control super glue or similar / gel is better than liquid for this project)
- waste paper (or junk mail to glue on)
Instructor: Keri Schroeder
Keri Miki-Lani Schroeder is a book artist based in San Antonio, Texas. She produces limited-edition artist’s books under the imprint of Coyote Bones Press, and teaches at various institutions. Keri…