Learn how to break in to being a voice actor for audiobooks, films, commercials, and video games.
There are no available registration dates at this time.
Note: This class will be held in a live, online format using the Zoom platform.
Class meets Sat & Sun, 1-5pm ET.
So you want to be a voice actor? This two-day workshop will point the way. Guided by Nancy German, a voice actor for major brands for over 25 years, you’ll explore the dynamics of putting your voice to work in this complex and lucrative business.
Over two days we will explore these and other topics:
Voice and Genre
- What do we need to understand about our voice/personality for this type of work?
- Different genres of voice acting and how they affect the voice.
- Outlets for work: Commercial, E-Learning, Animation, Video Games, Apps, Audio Books, Audio Description, Promo, Narration/Documentary, IVR, Corporate.
- Taking good care of your money-maker/voice.
- Improv and why it is important to your skill sets.
- Script analysis.
- The mechanics of a directed session.
- What skills do you need to stay current?
- Accountability buddies, workout groups, and ways to stay cutting edge and competitive.
- What lifestyle do you want in voice over and how do different genres affect that?
- Getting started: Commercial Demo, Website, Coaching, Pro studio setup.
- The expenses and business basics of voice acting as a career or side hustle.
- Agents, Rosters, and Managers.
- Where does your voice live in the marketplace?
- Trends and why you need to stay on top of them.
- Where to get free help.
The workshop will cover all this – and more. We’ll also do some script analysis and practice runs.
Leave the weekend with an overview of what it takes to get started in this extraordinary business.
Instructor: Nancy German
Nancy German has been a voice actor for over twenty-five years. She has voiced commercials for companies such as Sony, Nissan, Neutrogena, Lamborghini, Bayer and many more.
She has also enjoyed playing video game and animation characters like the warrior “Sapphire” from Heroes of Neuwirth, a “cool grandma” in an animation film by Academy Award-nominated Taiko Studios as well as voicing a plethora of others including fortune tellers, talking wine bottles, elder witches , whispering tree women and other unique characters.