Design, cut and send your own personalized cards! Join Sarah Pike of FreeFall Laser for a half-day workshop on how to create accordion-style paper cut cards in Adobe Illustrator for hand cutting, laser cutting, or electronic cutting machines.
There are no available registration dates at this time.
NOTE: This course will be held in a live, online format using the Zoom Platform.
Class meets Saturday Dec 10, 10am-1pm EST.
Have you ever admired laser-cut cards and wished you could design your own? Join Sarah Pike of FreeFall Laser for a half-day workshop on how to create accordion-style paper cut cards in Adobe Illustrator for hand cutting, laser cutting, or electronic cutting machines (Silhouette, Cricut). Learn essential Illustrator tools to bring your custom winter wonderland card to life using the provided template and mix-and-match assets. Sarah will walk you through step-by-step instructions demonstrating beginner and advanced beginner techniques, including how to prepare files for production. After the workshop, cut and send out your personalized card!
Learn how to:
- Design an accordion-style card in Adobe Illustrator for hand cutting, laser cutting, or electronic cutting machine (Silhouette, Cricut)
- Customize your design using the provided template and mix-and-match assets (images)
- Use Adobe Illustrator tools including scaling, duplicating, shape builder tool, pencil tool, adding text, and more
- Prepare files for printing, laser cutting, and electronic cutting machines *
- Select paper for different cutting options
While you don’t have to be an expert in Illustrator to take this class, some experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign is recommended.
Zoom, Adobe Illustrator (You can download a free trial of Adobe Illustrator).
* What is not included: step-by-step instructions on how to operate and prepare files for specific brands of laser cutters or electronic cutting machines. To produce the cards yourself you will need to know how to operate your machine and any machine-specific file requirements.
Don’t have a laser cutter or cutting machine? FreeFall Laser can cut them for you! Special workshop pricing: $8 per card, white cardstock, A2 envelopes not included. 1 design up to 10 cards. For additional quantities or elaborately designed cards ask Sarah during the workshop.
Instructor: Sarah Pike
Sarah Pike is an artist and owner of FreeFall Laser, a laser-cutting studio specializing in collaborating with artists and artisans to create custom work that combines technical expertise with artistic vision. She received her MFA from the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Prior to opening FreeFall Laser, Sarah taught studio arts at the Community College of Vermont and printmaking at Bennington College, where she was the technical instructor of printmaking. She has been an artist in residence at the Frans Masereel Center in Belgium, Steindruck München in Munich, and carpe plumbum in Leipzig. Her work has been exhibited in group and solo exhibitions in North America and Europe. Sarah has presented her laser cutting research at the American Institute for Conservation Annual Meeting in Houston, Texas, USA, SNAP Symposium in Rheine, Germany, and Southern Graphics International Conferences in Portland, Oregon and Dallas, Texas, USA.