There are no available registration dates at this time.
NOTE: This class will be held in a live, online format using the Zoom platform.
Class meets Thursday for 3 weeks 6-8pm ET
In this three session workshop we will use mixed media collage to create 3 or 4 different book-like structures that allow you to create a 3 dimensional world inside a book. The tunnel book, the toy-like diorama and 2 single sheet books with stand up worlds within.
Supplies and Tools to have:
- x-acto knife with blades
- dull knife, like a steak knife (something you have in a kitchen drawer)
- metal ruler 18” minimum
- Cutting surface, self-healing mats are good
- Bone folder
- small bottle of Elmer’s white Glue-All (usually available at grocery stores) or PVA or glue stick
- waste paper- like a few brown bags or newsprint
- ½” –flat bristle paint brush for glue (something inexpensive from a hardware store would work)
- Clothespins come in handy
- 4 single sheets of Canson Mi-Tientes (Dick Blick A10710- and then choose 4 of the same color or 4 different colors or 2 and 2 , etc. )
- And a small (approx.. 9 x 12 “) tablet of Bristol board (Dick Blick C13307-1003)- if you have some already whatever size will work.
- Piles of collage papers, reject photos, and prints
- Any tools you like to make marks with- pens, ink, brushes, watercolor, etc.
Images by Rebecca Goodale
Instructor: Rebecca Goodale
For the past twenty years, Rebecca Goodale has been creating a series of artist’s books about Maine’s rare plants and animals. Recently she has been revisiting her training as a textile designer by employing that aesthetic and various printmaking techniques to create large-scale repeatable patterns. Rebecca has taught Book Arts and Design at the University of Southern Maine for 4 decades. Her work is in many collections including the Maine Women Writers Collection at UNE, Bowdoin College Library, Herron Art Library at IUPUI, Boston Athenaeum, Yale University, Harvard University, the Library of Congress, and the Portland Museum of Art.