Submitting a Portfolio
To ensure that everyone registering for a specific class shares the same technical and aesthetic level, we need to see a selection of your work.
Note: If you are a member of ASMP, APA or NPPA there is no need to submit a portfolio, but please state your organization affiliation on your application.
Sending in a portfolio is simple. When you register for a course online, simply provide us with a link to your website or online portfolio in the online form. Done!
You may also send a CD or DVD via mail. We’ll get back to you as as soon as possible. 15-20 images are desired.
If you are registering for a traditional wet darkroom course which requires a portfolio, please plan to send prints.
- Send ten B&W prints (good quality) inspection or work prints and six contact sheets. The prints tell us about your printing ability and your vision. Your contact sheets tell us how you handle a subject from frame to frame, if your exposures are consistent, and how you approach a subject.
- Please do not send mounted, matted or framed, work.
- We want you to send and for us to receive a compact package. A sturdy cardboard envelope works well, or a compact portfolio case. Large boxes and crates are difficult, if not impossible, for us to handle.
- Send exhibition-quality prints only if you can accept the possibility of damage or loss in transit and handling.
- Pack your work between two sheets of stout cardboard and ship in a reusable envelope, or include a return envelope within.
- Each print must have your name and address written on it.
- A self-addressed label must also be included, along with sufficient postage if you wish the work returned.
- We will hold your work here, pending your arrival, if postage is not included.
- Receipt of your work will be acknowledged if you include a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
- Your work will receive professional care and respect, but we cannot be held legally responsible for its loss or damage.
- Whether you use U.S. Mail or FedEX, for sending your materials, please include a check for return shipping if you would like your materials returned to you.
Maine Media Workshops + College
70 Camden Street
Rockport, ME 04856
What to Include
It is your personal work we wish to see. You can include your professional or commercial work as well, but it is your personal work, which tells us more about your vision.