HEALTH INSURANCE

Maine Media Workshops + College is proud to offer Health Insurance to it’s full time employees through Harvard Pilgrim Health Care.

It is organization policy that full-time (minimum 32 hours per week); year-round employees are eligible to participate in Maine Medias health plan (Maine’s Choice Plus HMO HSA 4000). Maine Media Workshops + College provides coverage for the employee. Dependent (legally married spouse and/or legal children) coverage is available: the employee contributes 67% of their dependents’ premium, with the organization covering the other 33%.

Health insurance starts the first day of the month following a 30 day waiting period from hire date. The employee’s contribution is deducted from the employee’s paycheck as a pre-tax deduction. If an employee’s contract is terminated, any outstanding monthly premium contribution will be deducted from the employee’s final paycheck.
5 Facts To Know About Maine’s Choice HMO Plan


HEALTH INSURANCE OPT OUT STIPEND

Maine Media Workshops + College full time health insurance eligible employees, who choose not to enroll in the company sponsored health insurance plan, may receive a weekly stipend of $48.08 to help cover cost for a policy they may have elsewhere. Employee must be covered under another plan and provide proof of insurance to receive the stipend. The stipend applies only to the employee. Dependents do not qualify for opt-out stipend. The stipend is considered income and will be taxed as such.  
2021/2022 Health Insurance Opt-Out Form


Enrollment Form is due in the business office within 30 days of eligibility date.

Failure to enroll by the eligibility date may delay enrollment to Maine Media’s open enrollment month, December.


December 1, 2021 – November 30, 2022 Plan Year Documents
Health Insurance Enrollment Form
2021/2022 Health Insurance Costs
2021/2022 Schedule of Benefits (SOB)
2021/2022 Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
2021/2022 Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC) Uniform Glossary


December 1, 2020 – November 30, 2021 Plan Year Documents
Health Insurance Enrollment Form
2020/2021 Health Insurance Costs
2020/2021 Schedule of Benefits (SOB)
2020/2021 Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC) & Uniform Glossary