Electronic Delivery Consent
IRS requires Maine Media College to ask for consent in order to provide 1099NEC, 1099MISC or 1098T forms electronically.
Please follow instructions below, otherwise under IRS rules, Maine Media must send a paper for via the US Postal Service.
- E-signatures in Acrobat, powered by Adobe Sign, meet or exceed stringent security and legal compliance standards.
- The consent you provide to Maine Media College will remain in our records for every year a tax form is furnished.
- Tax forms are distributed in Adobe’s PDF format. A free copy of Adobe’s PDF reader may be downloaded here.
Use of Social Security numbers: Maine Media College is required by federal law to report income along with Social Security numbers (SSNs) for all to whom disbursement is paid. SSNs are maintained and used by Maine Media College for reporting to federal and state agencies in formats required by law. Maine Media College will not disclose a SSN without prior consent to anyone outside Maine Media except as permitted or required by law.
By electing to receive tax-related documents via electronic delivery from Maine Media College (“MMC”), Recipient acknowledges and consents to the following terms:
1. Recipient has a computer with Internet access. For the best experience, MMC encourages Recipient to use current versions of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If Recipient prefers to use Internet Explorer or another browser, MMC encourages Recipient use the most current version of such browser. Recipient will need to have hardware that supports such software.
2. Recipient will be able to view Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) files and read Adobe PDF files. To download and print a PDF file, Recipient may need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
3. Recipient agrees to electronically receive tax-related documents and information; including Form 1099-NEC, Form 1099-MISC and Form 1098-T. Recipient’s IRS information will remain available electronically.
4. Notification of change to e-mail address. Recipient agrees to notify MMC promptly if Recipient’s e-mail address or other account information changes. Information that is required by law can be resent to MMC; however, other communications will not be resent if MMC receives electronic notice that such transmittal is undeliverable.
5. When requesting IRS tax-related documents in paper form, Recipient request will not nullify this consent for future electronic deliveries of IRS tax-related documents unless consent is withdrawn.
6. Recipient consent to receive electronic IRS tax-related documents is effective immediately until Recipient withdraws consent. Recipient may withdraw consent by contacting MMC. For MMC to verify Recipient identity, please include the information below in the withdrawal of consent:
Last 4 digits of Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number
Recipient withdrawal of consent will take effect 5 to 10 days following receipt. It does not apply to communications provided electronically before the date the withdrawal took effect. MMC may confirm the withdrawal of consent and the date it takes effect by notifying Recipient electronically, and will provide subsequent IRS information tax return via mail.
- Enter the last four digits of Tax ID as supplied on W-9 form. (Social Security Number-SSN or Tax Payers Identification Number-TIN)
- Enter delivery email address.
- Sign form.
- Select “Click To Sign”.
For questions or assistance please feel free to contact HR|Business Manager, Jane Richardson at email@example.com.