Navigate your camera menu and master the basics of digital camera controls. You will be introduced to a workflow from capture to print output, while exploring how to execute your own creative ideas.
In-class instructions and assignments cover:
- non-automatic shooting modes
- image storage capabilities
- file types
- shutter effects
Daily lectures and demonstrations are paired with field trips to beautiful mid-coast Maine locations. Images made will be brought to the digital lab where you will develop useful skills for post-processing with Adobe Lightroom. The course will cover the basics of Epson printers for optimal image development, organization and output.
What you will learn:
- Digital camera control and manual capture
- Lens selection / Aperture Control / Shutter Speed Control
- Lightroom Import, Library, Develop and Print Modules
- Basic luster prints will be made on Epson P600 printers
- Framing and composition will be discussed in class and during the local field trips
Students are to bring a Digital SLR camera and Tripod or can borrow one for the week from Maine Media’s Digital Service Department. (An external hard drive of at least 500GB will be required to take your new images and catalog home) This class is held in one of our digital classrooms, Macintosh computers will be provided.
No previous knowledge or experience required only the desire to learn and make amazing photographs.