Update: April 2019
Job Class: Non-exempt, Temporary, Part-time
Report to: Housekeeping Manager
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms, baths & other under supervision of housekeeping manager. Housekeepers promote a positive image to guests and must be pleasant, honest, and friendly and should also be able to address guest requests and problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, and other work areas.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing machines.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Remove debris from grounds and driveways.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Replenish supplies such as linens and bathroom items.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing, as necessary.
- Request repair services with maintenance department when needed.
- Deliver irons, hairdryers, or other supplies to guests’ rooms.
- Hang draperies, and dust window blinds.
- Move and arrange furniture and turn mattresses.
- Observe precautions required to protect organization and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to manager.
- Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware in off campus accommodations.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Be able to lift 30lbs
- Ability to follow instruction
- Professional attitude is vital & Ability to work independently.
- Previous experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Own vehicle preferred, but not mandatory. (Non-commuting miles reimbursed.)