UPDATED: April 2023
JOB CLASS: Hourly, Full-time, Year-round
COMPENSATION: $18/hour plus competitive benefits package
REPORTS TO: President and Director of Advancement
Reporting to the President and Director of Advancement, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing proactive administrative support to the President and Director of Advancement, coordinating internal meetings, preparation, travel logistics, and follow-up for internal meetings. Provide excellent customer service on behalf of the President and the Advancement Office for campus colleagues, alumni, and friends in response to phone, email inquiries, and requests for information. Provide operational and administrative support to the Maine Media team and assist in coordinating and implementing a variety of logistics, activities, and projects.
- Provides overall administrative support by maintaining the President and Director of Advancement calendars, managing travel logistics and expenses, maintaining inventory and files, entering information in the fundraising database, ordering supplies, scheduling departmental meetings, and performing other tasks as assigned to ensure the smooth running of the annual fund division.
- Supports the executive team in organizing managing Maine Media’s Board of Directors, including invitations and schedules for board meetings, coordinating attendance, recording minutes of board meetings, and organizing board documents and governance records.
- Provides assistance to board committees, scheduling meetings, preparing background materials, taking, and distributing minutes, coordinating follow up, and performing other duties necessary to maximize the engagement of the Trustees and volunteers.
- Conducts public relations duties as needed. Function as the point person for incoming donor calls, emails, and visits, answering inquiries to ensure all donor needs are met, and disseminating inquiries to other staff when appropriate.
- Manage the Maine Media google calendar and present upcoming activities and deliverables for the President and Advancement at team meetings. Function as scribe for team meetings and retreats.
- Run reports and prepare Advancement revenue summaries to provide staff and committee members with necessary information for managing the strategic direction and monitoring the ongoing performance of the fundraising program.
- Contributes to Advancement’s fundraising and stewardship efforts, including the quarterly e-newsletter, annual report, and stewardship letters to ensure donors receive timely information.
- Support and staff on-campus events, including Tripod Society and alumni events.
- Take on temporary special assignments and projects at the direction of the President and Director of Advancement, which may include work in support of any of the individual units within Maine Media. Examples may include:
- Coordinating and scheduling candidate interviews and supporting with new hire onboarding.
- Coordinating and scheduling firm interviews during the RFP process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of experience in an office setting required; experience in the higher education or nonprofit sector preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of divisional and institutional colleagues, within an environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Office suite–Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and under deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated database entry and reporting experience (Salesforce preferred).
- Ability to write persuasively and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact and correspond professionally with senior staff and distinguished alumni + friends.
- Ability to monitor and track budgets and expenses.