Film Post Production Support
Start Date: TBD End Date: TBD
Compensation: $14/hour & meals when campus kitchen is serving.
Number of openings: 01
Updated: March 2022
Job Class: Non-exempt, Temporary, Full-time
Reports to: Film Program Manager
Note: All information subject to change
The responsibilities of this position are carried out under the guidance of the Film Program Manager. Post Production Support must have experience with all industry standard non-linear editing systems and digital workflow, a strong background in information technology, and the ability to work well with groups of people in a fast paced and demanding educational environment. This individual must be well organized, responsible, personable, dependable, and a creative problem solver.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITERIA
• Bachelors in video editing, filmmaking, or equivalent vocational training
• Editing experience showcased on a reel or portfolio provided by the applicant
• Proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud applications, particularly Premiere and After Effects
• Experience with color correction and grading using DaVinci Resolve
• Some knowledge of AVID Media Composer desired
• Understanding of various digital workflows including RAW delayering, normalizing LOG footage with LUTs, generating dailies
• Mac/PC knowledge
POST PRODUCTION SUPPORT EXPERIENCE
Post Production Support is responsible for providing support to various workshops on a weekly basis. They will communicate with the Film Program Manager in assessing class needs and hosting scheduled appointments with students for one-on-one or group editing sessions. The Post Production Team will produce the weekly Friday Night Showcase of student work consisting of a cut piece from each workshop. Post Production Support will work to deadline to cut student work for the Showcase – either in advising students through one-to-one sessions or independently. Post Production Support will use their experience to support their team and students, while exploring opportunities to further create and learn through video editing.