Locations & Talent Manager
Start Date: 6/6/2022 End Date: 10/28/2022
Compensation: $735.59 weekly & meals when campus kitchen is serving.
Number of openings: 01
Updated: March 2022
Job Class: Exempt, Temporary, Full-time
Reports to: Director of Programs
(Note: All information subject to change.)
The responsibilities of this position are carried out under the guidance of the Director of Programs. This individual must be organized with special attention to detail. They must be able to communicate clearly and effectively across departments and with members of the community. They will work closely with the Program Departments to ensure that all course needs are being met while staying on budget.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITERIA
- Act as an ambassador of Maine Media in fostering new relationships with the community
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in media arts or management, or equivalent work-experience in production, talent management, and location scouting
- Prior experience in production and casting
- Prior experience in working with models and actors and ensuring a comfortable working environment for all people on a shoot
- Experience with locations permits and releases
- A familiarity with the mid-coast area surrounding MMW+C
- Excellent communications skills
- Microsoft Office and Google documents experience is a must
- Knowledge of and experience with Macintosh computers and software
- Familiarity with Windows systems and software
- Highly organized and able to multitask
LOCATIONS & TALENT MANAGER EXPERIENCE
The Locations & Talent Manager is responsible for working with staff and faculty to secure locations and recruit talent (actors and models) while adhering to the constraints of the course budgets for Photography and Filmmaking courses. The L&T Manager should be able to multitask and plan ahead, coordinating simultaneous shoots in various locations. The L&T Manager should also have a strong desire to make all MMW+C shoots and productions a safe, comfortable and exciting environment for everyone involved, from actors/models to students/faculty, to location owners. This individual will maintain a schedule and database of all L&T activities, accounting for model hours worked and locations of shoots. They will be responsible for keeping constant open communication with the Teaching Assistants of the courses as well as the Program Departments to ensure information is disseminated regularly and accurately. They will also be responsible for obtaining permits and releases for all locations and talent and for delivering prints and footage to models and to locations upon request.
They will also be responsible for obtaining permits and releases for all locations and talent and for delivering prints and footage to models and to locations upon request.