Finance Office Assistant
Great for just starting out in HR, Accounting or Business!
Fast paced and creative working environment!
Flexible work schedule and full-time benefits!
UPDATED: May 2022
JOB CLASS: Full-time, Non-exempt with benefits
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance & Administration and HR/Business Manager
COMPENSATIONS: $17 per hour, 32-35 hours per week
The Finance Office Assistant provides efficient administrative and clerical support for the finance office. The role requires the ability to work independently and show a high level of initiative and flexibility. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask are essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare weekly payroll with software and transmit to processing company.
- Receive, verify & process invoices related to accounts payable.
- Maintain Financial Aid (Title IV) records in collaboration with financial aid consultants to ensure proper documentation and timely processing of student federal aid.
- Manage business office filing system.
- Oversee mailroom – collect and deliver USPS and interoffice mail, package shipping and tracking, postage machine control and purchase of meter funds.
- Perform general office clerk duties and errands.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma.
- Prior office experience with basic understanding of clerical procedures such as recordkeeping and filing with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks Premiere preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prior experience with financial aid is a plus.
- Must hold a valid driver license.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.