Year-Round, Part-time, hourly position with partial benefits
This position requires basic handyman skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Lawn care and snow removal from parking lots and walkways.
- Routine building maintenance including painting, carpet installation and plumbing repairs.
- Dining hall floor cleaning and maintenance.
- Assist with installation, storage and maintenance of all dining tents and awnings.
- Familiarity with all building layouts including alarm codes, sprinkler systems, lighting etc.
- Investigate all maintenance requests from staff and students. Respond as appropriate.
- Assist in winterization of all buildings with an eye to energy and resource conservation.
- Ability to assume Operations Manager duties in his/her absence including driver testing, classroom set-up, and work study supervision.
- All other duties assigned by Operations Manager
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to operate handheld power tools & lawn care machinery.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or climb (at times to heights of up to 20 feet).
- Valid driver’s license