250.110–SAMPLE – PC: LETTER OF APPOINTMENT
Date Revised: September 2015
MAINE MEDIA COLLEGE
(PC)LETTER OF APPOINTMENT
ACADEMIC YEAR XXXX – XXXX
Fall term XXXXXXX, winter term XXXXXXX, spring term XXXXXXXX
Your salary will be subject to the usual tax and social security withholding. Please refer to the Faculty Handbook for information regarding payments. Courses with fewer than 5 students are subject to cancelation. Faculty are notified of potential cancelations two weeks prior to the start of each term.
All part-time faculty appointments include acceptance of the standards, terms and conditions outlines in the MMC Faculty Handbook and MMC Student Handbook. MMC supports the integrity of the faculty and the faculty agree to support MMC in the following areas:
- Ongoing and active individual studio and research work.
- Contribution to a learning environment characterized by concern for and encouragement of the individual.
- Provide leadership at faculty meetings and for other academic committees as an active member of the MMC/MMC community.
- Provide course descriptions, syllabi, student grades and evaluations of student progress as requested.
- Be knowledgeable about and supportive of the policies that govern faculty, staff and students.
- Support the efforts of the Programs and areas concerning student recruitment and retention, curriculum development, course and self-evaluations, academic advising and related efforts to strengthen the programs as well as the institution.
- Play a leadership role in developing and maintaining positive morale and professional relationships among and between students, faculty and staff.
- Support MMW+C efforts to strengthen the quality of its programs, including community events, exhibitions and library development.
- Represent MMW+C to the community in ways that enhance awareness and respect for the mission, goals and objectives for the institution.
Please see the MMC Faculty Handbook for a complete listing of all policies, procedures including areas of Faculty Development.
I accept this Letter of Appointment and the conditions contained herein.
Faculty signature: ____________________________________Date:_________________