This position reports to the Director of Marketing and is part-time, year round, up to 28 hrs. On-site, Rockport campus.
- Acts as design and concept development teammate with the Director for web and print campaigns; produces all print-ready and web-ready projects.
- Responsible for developing social media strategies with the Director; actively and accurately posts and curates pristine social media content and imagery.
- Creates and sends email communications via Constant Contact and other systems; manages and evolves a yearly schedule across programs.
- Helps define, evolve and protect brand standards across a wide range of communications.
- Takes ownership of smaller programs and campaigns; manages and reports on progress.
Additional tasks may include:
Content and image editing for website (WordPress)
Photographing events and workshops and editing images
Organizing image archives
Tracking student, alumni and faculty news
Interviewing students and faculty for promotional content
Gathering best-in-class marketing examples
Monitoring competitive landscape
High comfort level with design software programs including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Knowledge of social media outlets and current trends; some experience reading data
Facility with email communication platforms
Working knowledge of WordPress, or other content management systems
Attention to detail
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to raise hand when help is needed
Ability to work as part of a team
Continuous curiosity about how to move the ball and messages forward
Please send resume and link to portfolio or samples to [email protected].
Deadline Oct. 19, 2018. Hire date Nov. 1, 2018
Maine Media Workshops + College educates and inspires visual artists and storytellers to achieve their creative potential. We are committed to fostering a diverse community that values creativity, respects culture, and seeks to deepen human understanding and expand communication in the world.