Website Management & Change Policies
Date Revised: September 2017
This policy governs the processes by which content and design elements are posted and presented on websites owned by Maine Media Workshops + College.
This policy covers the following processes:
- Design and Layout requests, creation, review, approval, and publishing
- Content creation, editing, review, approval, and publishing
- Content change requests, editing, review, approval, and publishing
Design and Layout
Design of the website is administered by the Marketing Department, under the direction of the Director of Marketing. Requests for, and implementation of changes in design, design elements, or layout of the website is made in the following way(s):
- Request – by any staff member to the Director of Marketing
- Creation – at the direction of the Director of Marketing
- Review – by President and other staff as designated by President or Director of Marketing
- Approval – President
- Publishing – Director of Marketing or other staff as requested by the Director of Marketing
Design and Layout Implementation Procedures
Requests for design and layout changes are administered by Program Directors, Development Coordinator, Assistant to the President, Provost, and Registrar. Once requests are formalized and signed-off on, these requests are submitted to the Director of Marketing for decision as to whether they are appropriate at this time, and an assignment of priority.
- Creation of design and layout is administered by marketing department or designated individuals or outside resources as determined by the Director of Marketing. Once design and layout mockups have been created, these are submitted for review to the Director of Marketing, and the President.
- Review of design and layout is conducted by Director of Marketing and President. Once reviews have been completed, if refinements are necessary, requests are referred back to designers.
- Approval. Once designs are approved, these are handed off to the developers / publishers.
- Publishing. Once the content owners have approved the digital content for publishing the content owner is to submit to the registrar detailing all approved changes.
The content creation process in general is administered by (individuals / offices / committees).
Content Publishing Procedures
- Once the content developers have developed the proposed content, the developers will forward the changes in digital form to the respective content owners for review and approval.
- Content owners will review the proposed content for accuracy and appropriateness
- Content owners will work directly with the content developers to finalize the proposed digital content.
- Once content owners have approved the digital content for posting, they will submit the digital content to the (individual / office) responsible for publishing the content to the website.
Content Editing and Retention
The content editing process in general is administered by (individuals / offices / committees).
Content Editing and Retention Procedures
- Content owners will review the proposed edited content for accuracy and appropriateness
- Once content owners have reviewed the digital content for posting, they will submit the digital content to the (individual / office) responsible for publishing the content to the website.
- A copy of the edited page will be saved in .pdf format before changes are implemented, and a “snapshot” of that page will be kept on the internal marketing server in a hierarchal folder by date. A printed copy will also be retained and kept in a file with the Provost office.