230.050 – NOISE ORDINANCE
Date Revised: May 2017
Maine Media exists so that the community can fully participate in the learning process. Individuals and groups may not engage in excessive noise that obstructs academic classes, Maine Media business and offices, the neighboring community, and other campus activities.
Maine Media College exists in a residential neighborhood; as such care must be taken to be a respectable community member.
Excessive noise should be avoided especially during evening hours. Town ordinance states that no amplified sound be audible outside of a building after 10pm.
The following guidelines comprise Maine Media’s noise ordinance:
- Musical instruments, stereos, radios, televisions, and other electronic devices should be played at a level acceptable to individuals within the same room and that does not disturb community and non-Maine Media neighbors. Speakers may not be placed in windows or direct sound out of windows in a way that disturbs the peace of the community.
- Other kinds of noise must be kept at levels that do not impinge on the rights of others.
- Residents of Maine Media housing must maintain music and other noise at levels that do not disturb adjacent areas. Music should be inaudible from buildings after 10pm.
- The Provost must approve exceptions to the above.
- Violators of this ordinance will be subject Maine Media Workshops + Colleges disciplinary action.
Within 24 hours of an incident, please complete Maine Media’s online incident report. Please be detailed and thorough. It is important that the names of all persons present be listed.