230.040 – PET POLICY
Date Revised: May 2017
Maine Media Workshops + College does not deter individuals from bringing their pets to campus provided that the pet is not to be a nuisance, does not pose any health or safety issues, does not risk harming sensitive equipment, and that individuals in the vicinity of the pet are comfortable with it.
SERVICE ANIMAL – Individuals who requires the help of a service animal (defined by 28 CFR 36.104 as “any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability”) will be permitted to have the service animal accompany the individual to any location at Maine Media, provided that the animal’s presence does not create a danger to others and does not impose an undue hardship upon Maine Media.
- No pets are allowed in campus housing, dining facilities or classrooms.
- Pet owners are responsible for caring for and cleaning-up after their pets.
- Pets must be under control at all times while outside.
- Individuals in the outside area must also be comfortable of the pet.
- Pets must also have had all the proper rabies vaccinations and any other vaccinations a veterinarian may recommend for the specific pet.
Owner of pet takes sole responsibility for any harm or damages, physical and financial that the pet may cause.
Within 24 hours of an incident, please complete Maine Media’s online incident report. Please be detailed and thorough. It is important that the names of all persons present be listed.