JOB CLASS: Part-time, year-round,$14.00/hr, 20 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
SUMMARY: The Program Assistant is an integral part of the Programs administrative staff, helping with daily production of academic programs and acting as a liaison between faculty, teaching assistants, and Program Chairs. As such, candidates for this position should possess excellent organization and communication skills, have a professional interpersonal demeanor, and are able to identify and quickly solve problems. During the Workshops season, daily tasks will include assisting with workshop pre-production, preparing course materials, ordering course supplies, and processing student evaluations. He/ she will provide support to individual programs as appropriate and participate in on-going initiatives to create and maintain organizational systems. The Program Assistant will provide support to the Program Coordinator for all academic programs including the Certificate and MFA degree programs. This position will also have the opportunity to assist in various long-term projects that the programming office oversees, including the administration of a major photography prize. This position is ideal for those looking to gain valuable skills in arts administration, while participating in a vibrant arts community.
- Coordinating with Director of Programs and Program Coordinator to facilitate support for all programming.
- This includes:
- Assisting with classroom and facilities preparations and set up
- Preparing and organizing course materials
- Ordering course supplies and related resources
- Processing and summarizing weekly course and faculty evaluations
- This includes:
- BA degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively as member of team
- Arts education / administrative experience
- Understanding of and commitment to best practices in photography, filmmaking, book arts and production for safety and set etiquette
- Familiarity with software tools such as excel, word, power point, google docs, and filemaker
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other creative source software related to media arts
- Ability to work with content management system (Salesforce) on the web and social media.