Maine Media Workshops + College is seeking part-time housekeepers to join its housekeeping team. The right candidate will perform routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms, baths & other under supervision of housekeeping manager. Housekeepers promote a positive image to guests and must be pleasant, honest, and friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
Duties & Responsibilites:
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, stairways and other work areas.
- Clean rugs & carpets using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms and mops.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Replenish supplies such as linens and bathroom items.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Be able to lift 30lbs
- Ability to work independently
- Previous experience preferred, but not essential.
- Own vehicle preferred, but not mandatory. (Non-commuting miles reimbursed.)
- Free meals during all work shifts.
- Personal photography portfolio review with one of Maine Media’s most distinguished faculty OR
- Tuition waiver for candidate to attend a one or two day workshop, Fall 2019.
Competitive Hourly Rate!