Director of Programs
JOB CLASS: Full-time, year-round, salary position with benefits
REPORTS TO: Provost
SUMMARY: The Director of Programs is responsible for the coordination, administration and implementation of MMW+C’s extensive workshop programs and intensives. He/she manages the IT Assistant, multiple program departments, and seasonal staff to support the smooth and efficient operations of workshop programs. He/she works with the Provost and program managers / chairs to develop and maintain relationships with administration support staff and industry sponsors. Coordinates with Provost and program chairs on support and integration of certificate and degree programs.
- Coordinating with program chairs, program managers, IT Assistant and Facilities Manager, regarding workshops, intensives and long – term programs to ensure smooth workflow and implementation of all programming.
- This includes:
- Classroom and facilities scheduling
- Overseeing classroom prep and set up
- Overseeing IT set up, design and support for classes
- Managing staff in all program related departments
- Integration of program design for courses (as it relates to facilities and functionality of systems)
- Facilitating the course evaluation system
- This includes:
- Working with the Program Coordinator and Program Assistant to facilitate all faculty outreach for class preparation including faculty contracts.
- Processing and reviewing student evaluations
- Working with the Faculty Services & Hospitality Liaison to coordinate faculty travel and housing.
- Orienting and on-boarding workshop faculty
- Hiring, orienting and training seasonal staff
- Scheduling and supervising Teaching Assistants
- Setting an example and ensuring that seasonal staff understand expectations for teamwork, professionalism, enthusiasm, creating a welcoming environment, and embodying our core values.
- Providing training for all program related staff in all programs to ensure faculty and students are adhering to professional set safety & etiquette protocols.
- Working with the Provost and the Director of Finance to develop operational and capital budgets.
- Responsibility for managing expenses to meet the annual budget.
- IT Assistant
- Program Coordinator
- Program Assistant(s)
- Program / Production Interns
- Film Program Manager
- Locations & Talent Coordinator
- Digital Services Department Manager
- B&W Darkroom Manager
- Teaching Assistants (for all programs)
- BA degree preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years work experience in arts related non-profit preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership / Management experience
- Ability to work collaboratively as member of team
- Arts education / administrative experience
- Attention to detail and project management skills
- Understanding of and commitment to best practices in photography, filmmaking, book arts and production for safety and set etiquette
- Familiarity with software tools such as excel, word, power point, google docs, filemaker
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other creative source software related to media arts
- Ability to work with content management system (Salesforce) on the web and social media.