You may submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
Maine Media Workshops + College is looking for a Development Assistant. Reporting to the Development Coordinator, the Development Assistant will assist in implementing development activities and communications with donors, students and alumni, as Maine Media continues to grow.
- Assist with the development and execution of Maine Media’s fundraising campaigns and annual appeals
- Learn and assist with management of donor tracking database
- Manage grant deadlines, tracking, and follow up reports to foundations and donors.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement activities
- Assist with donor, foundations and corporations research
- Contribute to writing grant proposals
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with students, alumni, donors, and friends of the Maine Media community
- Provide hands-on assistance for fundraising events
- Track scholarship student experiences to be included in foundation reports
- Assist with day-to-day needs of the development office i.e. social media content, press releases, mailings, etc.
- Assist with outreach via social media, printed material, and Constant Contacts.
Skills, Experience & Education
- Previous experience in development or an equivalent position at a non-profit
- Previous experience and/or a strong interest to work in the field of fine art and media storytelling.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is preferable but is not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to work independently and manage a schedule of various tasks
- Must have the temperament to collaborate and work in diverse creative community
This is a year-round, part-time (20 hours/week), hourly position starting at $13/hour