(Note: All information subject to change.)
Start Date: varies End Date: varies
Compensation: $11.00 per hour plus meals when campus kitchen is serving (Sunday dinner through Friday dinner).
Number of openings: 02
The responsibilities of this position are carried out under the guidance of the Film Program Manager. The Post Production Editor must have experience with all industry standard non-linear editing systems and digital workflow, a strong background in information technology, and the ability to work well with groups of people in a fast paced and demanding educational environment. This individual must be well organized, responsible, personable, dependable, and a creative problem solver.
Basic Qualifications and Criteria
- Bachelors in video editing, filmmaking, or equivalent vocational training
- Editing experience showcased on a reel or portfolio provided by the applicant
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud applications, particularly Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with color correction and grading using DaVinci Resolve
- Some knowledge of AVID Media Composer desired
- Understanding of various digital workflows including RAW debayering, normalizing LOG footage with LUTs, generating dailies
- Mac/PC knowledge
Post Production Editor Experience
The Post Production Editor is responsible for providing support to various workshops on a weekly basis. They will communicate with the Film Program Manager in assessing class needs and hosting scheduled appointments with students for one-on-one or group editing sessions. The Post Production Team will produce the weekly Friday Night Showcase of student work consisting of a cut piece from each workshop. Post Production Editors will work to deadline to cut student work for the Showcase – either in advising students through one-to-one sessions or independently. Post Production Editors will use their experience to support their team and students, while exploring opportunities to further create and learn through video editing.