(Note: All information subject to change.)
Start Date: 6/9/2019 End Date: 10/26/2019
Compensation: $525 per week plus meals when campus kitchen is serving (Sunday dinner through Saturday breakfast).
Number of openings: 01
The responsibilities of this position are carried out under the guidance of the Film Program Manager. This individual must have experience in film, a strong technical background, and the capability to work well with groups of people in a fast paced and demanding educational environment. This position acts as both a Teaching Assistant (TA), exclusively for the cinematography workshops, in addition to maintaining the facility and coordinating activity within the Soundstage throughout the week. This individual must be well organized, responsible, personable, dependable, and a creative problem solver.
Basic Qualifications and Criteria
- Bachelors in film, media or a related field, or equivalent vocational training
- Experience working on a film production, in a rental house or studio
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with various DSLR and cine camera systems
- Knowledge of lighting and grip equipment
- Comfortable using Single Phase cable and distribution
- Competent in metering electricity as well as balancing amperage loads, including upkeep and repair of damaged cables
- Basic knowledge of generators a plus
- Reel representing your work
- Mac/PC knowledge
- Adobe Premiere/DaVinci Resolve software experience is desired
The Soundstage Coordinator position will begin in advance of the summer workshops to allow time to prepare for the busy season – including organization of the facility, reporting any necessary maintenance and making arrangements with Operations, as well as assessing appropriate storage for equipment. This individual will work closely with the Film Technical Manager to prepare and maintain the Soundstage and Tech Barn, assess equipment needs, monitor equipment usage – including reporting or making repairs as needed – as well as advising students and instructors on best use and safety etiquette. This individual also assumes the responsibility of properly checking in and out of equipment as required.
Soundstage Coordinator Experience
The Soundstage Coordinator will assist one cinematography workshop per week taking place in the Soundstage, occasionally with the support of a second TA dependent on enrollment. It is the job of this individual to keep the instructor on schedule while assisting the students and instructor with any issues or needs that arise, it is all about creative problem solving. The week’s schedule created by the instructor should be followed and kept on track by the Coordinator, leaving room for happy accidents and amazing opportunities that may arise. Standard workshop operational policies are to be enforced in addition to meeting the needs of the instructor’s agenda.