(Note: All information subject to change.)
Start Date: 6/9/2019 End Date: 8/24/2019
Compensation: Accommodations (shared room/bath) plus meals when campus kitchen is serving (Sunday dinner through Friday dinner).
Number of openings: 01
The responsibilities of this position are carried out under the guidance of the Director Operations and Production & Digital Service Department Manager. This individual must have experience in digital photography, customer service, a technical background, and the ability to work well with groups of people and in one on one situations. She/He will be working with each instructor at Maine Media and must be well organized, responsible, personable, dependable, a creative problem solver and above all else respectful.
Basic Qualifications and Criteria
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or equivalent in their field (hold or currently pursuing one)
- Portfolio of work representing your style and conceptual ideas
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with various camera systems
- Photoshop/Lightroom/Premiere software experience is necessary
- Experience with Epson Printers
- Knowledge of different digital paper types
- Knowledge of and experience with Macintosh computers and software
- Customer Service Experience
What will be learned
The Digital Services Department Intern will learn all aspects of operating a digital imaging lab service including: image processing, scanning and printing, using color management software, calibrating computer monitors and flat screen displays. This individual will also learn skills related to audio / visual presentation production.
The Intern Experience
Each intern is assigned to a specific area where they will learn and assist instructors, fellow staff members and/or students with various projects. All interns are responsible for managing their time wisely, while we do have work to do, we strongly encourage you to take the time to make images/films and enjoy all that Maine has to offer. Interns are allowed access to our facilities when not in use by a class; this is to be discussed with your supervisor. Round table portfolio sharing events will be offered to the interns and TA’s weekly. This will include a rotation of upper level staff and faculty.