Updated: April 2008

The organization pays into a Maine state fund that provides compensation to employees who lose their jobs for reasons other than gross misconduct.

When employment is terminated for a reason other than gross misconduct, it is in the employee’s best interest to file with the State of Maine for unemployment compensation. Eligibility is based, in part, on the employee’s ability and willingness to work as well as how long the employee has been employed with the organization. For further information and to file a claim go to the State of Maine Unemployment website at www.maine.gov/labor/unemployment