You may submit a resume, cover letter and link to sample(s) of your work with your application.
Maine Media Workshops + College is looking for a dynamic, creative individual to advance our brand as the leading place to learn the art and craft of visual storytelling. This individual will head up our marketing efforts working on the level of strategy and hands-on design and creation of content.
Maine Media Workshops + College is a creative environment, and the Director of Marketing & Communications works collaboratively with colleagues, sponsors, faculty and seasonal staff to deliver our message effectively in digital media, social media, advertising, public relations and our annual catalog. Individual must have the capacity to develop strategic marketing plans, knowledge of digital marketing and analytics, as well as the skills to oversee the website content management in WordPress, and the design of marketing materials in print formats.
Reporting directly to the president of this non-profit educational institution, this is a full-time, year round position with benefits.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, and has primary responsibility for the website. Oversees development of marketing budgets, and manages those budgets. Directs the efforts of marketing staff, including seasonal staff positions. Coordinates at the strategic and tactical level with programs, sales and web colleagues to ensure timely launches, marketing campaign management through the lifetime of programs, design and production of print and electronic materials, and the development of new products.
- Determines an annual marketing strategy consistent with the organization’s mission and key goals.
- Develops, implements and ensures consistency in the organization’s brand strategy and messaging.
- Develops an annual marketing budget, and is responsible for managing expenses within the budget, and within organizational policies and practices.
- Develops social media and email communications strategy, communicates a plan for those communications, and manages implementation of the plan.
- Manages design and messaging for all print materials including the Maine Media catalog, posters, advertisements, and brochures.
- Serves as or manages the webmaster, responsible for all aspects of the Maine Media website. Coordinates website through internal and external resources to keep website current and effective.
- Communicates regularly with program directors and others to ensure that key messages, programs, faculty, and alumni are given appropriate attention within our overall brand message.
- Develops strategies to support key sponsor relationships for Maine Media, including promotion on social media and other Maine Media forums, and oversight of media-related materials developed for key sponsor relationships including Canon, and others.
- Develops an annual proposal for Canon and ensures that we execute on our promises.
- Communicates and contracts with media outlets to place effective advertising.
- Oversees creation of documentary content (film and photo) of programs for use in all marketing and sales materials.
- Conducts analytics research to track quality of leads, volume of interest and inquiries, and all other statistically meaningful information as it pertains to Maine Media’s marketing present.
Represents MMW+C at appropriate conferences and/or trade shows.
Regularly meets with faculty and students to understand stakeholder perspectives.
- Capacity to develop strategic marketing plans, and integrate diverse opinions into cohesive messaging.
- Capable of design and execution of marketing materials for both print and electronic formats.
- In-depth knowledge of social media marketing, web design, and stays abreast of new methods of advertising.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage staff, and build strong interpersonal relationships with colleagues.