Development & Administrative Coordinator
JOB CLASS: Full-time, hourly ($15.50/hr) position with benefits
REPORTS TO: President
Reporting to the President, the Development & Administrative Coordinator works to build MMW+C’s donor base, expand foundation support, and manage events in support of our mission and strategic goals. Working with the President and members the Board’s Development Committee, the Development & Administrative Coordinator oversees communications, fundraising initiatives, appeals, and is responsible for grant and scholarship reporting. Working with the President and Board Chair, the position supports board activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with President and CFO to create annual Development department budgets
- Work with President and Development Committee to create annual fundraising goals and a Development Plan.
- Direct Annual Appeals, including mailed and electronic campaigns
- Direct annual fundraising initiatives, including budget, planning, and coordinating the solicitation of sponsors and in-kind gifts
- Directs outreach, communications, and events for membership programs and the Tripod Society (our premiere donor group), including weekly updates during the summer, multiple programs, membership renewals, and new member cultivation
- Directs all donor communications, including thank-you correspondence and calls from Board members and monthly e-newsletter
- Directs all gift processing and reporting
- Collaborates with Registrar to track funding, and reporting on scholarship programs
- Organize and manage invitations and schedules for all board meetings, and coordinate and communicate attendance
- Record minutes of board meetings, and arrange for minutes of all committee meetings
- Manage and Schedule board committee meeting calendars one year in advance when possible
- Communicate with president and board chair in all matters related to the board management, board recruitment, and board governance
- Support the president in various communications with donors and others.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the president.
- Hire and manage development assistant and development intern when these positions are budgeted and scheduled to provide seasonal support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years minimum work experience in development or administration,, preferably in nonprofit or educational organizations
- Experience with donor/membership databases
- Experience coordinating or managing staff and volunteers
- High-level knowledge of Word, Excel, and working knowledge of Constant Contact, social media, and other web-based applications
- Excellent writing, communications, and organizational skills
- Proven history of creative thinking
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume and three references to