- Completed application form and $75 application fee (make checks payable to “Maine Media College” Click HERE for application.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- An essay, approximately 500 words in length, describing: the applicant’s background and formative influences, either aesthetic or experiential, in his or her discipline, his or her interest in pursuing an MFA degree, and the applicant’s goals beyond graduate school
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional colleagues
- Portfolio, reel, or other documentation of work
Transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to: MFA Admissions | Maine Media College | 70 Camden Street | Rockport, Maine 04856
All other materials should be submitted via one of the following options:
- Website gallery (please provide password if necessary)
- Vimeo page (please provide password if necessary)
- USB flashdrive mailed to the above address
Images for digital portfolios should be JPG files and not exceed 1200 pixels in any dimension.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year, however the deadline for appliction submissions for fall retreat admissions is September 30 and for spring retreat admissions the deadline is April 15. Admissions materials are reviewed by the core MFA faculty and acceptance decisions are made prior to retreats. Applicants are notified of admissions decisions within three weeks of receipt of completed applications. Prospective students may audit weekend retreats to gain insight into the structure of the program, meet with faculty for individual portfolio reviews and receive counsel on application to the program.
* Download “Admissions and Applicant Information” for complete information on the admissions process.
Maine Media College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, ancestry, national and ethnic origin, physical or mental handicap.