Maine Media Workshops + College educates and inspires visual artists and storytellers to achieve their creative potential. We provide lifelong learning opportunities for those pursuing the fine arts and media-related professions. We are committed to fostering a diverse community that values creativity, respects culture, and seeks to deepen human understanding and expand communication in the world.
NEASC’s Commission on Institutions of Higher Education has determined that Maine Media College is eligible to proceed with an application for candidacy for accreditation within two years. A determination of eligibility is not candidacy or accreditation, nor does it indicate a likelihood of eventual accreditation. Questions about eligibility and the accreditation process should be directed to the Director of the Commission.
Maine Media Workshops + College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or transgender status, marital status, religion, creed, ancestry, national and ethnic origin, veteran’s status, physical, mental handicap or other legally protected classification in any of its policies or procedures – including but not limited to those related to admission, employment, advancement, the provision of educational services, and the granting of financial aid – or in its services, facilities, privileges or benefits in compliance with and to the limits of applicable state and federal laws.
Maine Media College has adopted a set of Core Values as of June, 2016.
These values are to: Create an inspiring, supportive community where students, staff and faculty engage, discover, learn, and create.
To do this we:
- Respect each individual voice while fostering teamwork.
- Nurture and extend our community, embracing inclusivity.
- Conduct ourselves with professionalism and respect.
- Act with integrity.
- Work collaboratively to pursue creative innovation and continual growth.
- Embrace wholehearted engagement in intense learning experiences.
- Encourage and support each individual’s journey towards change and transformation.
It is expected that all members of the Maine Media College community including board, faculty, staff, and students participate in the community with a level of ethical behavior that supports the mission of the school, these core values, and the well being of each individual in the community.
In addition to the policies and procedures published in the employee, student, and faculty handbooks, all community members must be responsible for their actions and not engage in behavior that is threatening, dangerous or harmful to self or others, that causes disruption to the campus and learning environment, or that damages physical property.
Policies and procedures for students and faculty, including procedures for filing and resolving grievances, are published in the Employee, Student, and Faculty handbooks.
About Our Students
Statistical Data on our Workshop students:
Website Archiving Policy
In order to allow the keeping of, and access to, historical versions of the Maine Media Workshop+College website, the following Website Archiving Policy has been implemented as of June 2016.
- Materials that are archived – The entire website, including the database, documents, files, images, video, and other artifacts will be archived to a specific location on the local network, which will then be backed up to a cloud based service.
- Frequency of archiving – The website will be archived on the last day of September, February, and March.
- Accessibility – Archived versions of the website will be made available by request made to the Dirctor of Information Technology.
Maine Media Workshops + College is incorporated as a tax-exempt, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
IRS Form 990
The annual Form 990 is a public disclosure of a tax exempt organization’s finances and activities. This document helps the IRS and state charity regulators to ensure that organizations remain true to their charitable purposes. It is useful to the public to understand an organization’s mission, programs, and finances. The MMC Form 990 is available upon request from the Director of Finance.