This workshop addresses the process and practice of moving your work to the next level. Whether your emphasis is primarily fine art, documentary, or assignment photography this intensive session provides useful information and practical choices. Our goal is to define each artist’s creative goals, and provide practical measures to move your work to the next creative level.
Through presentations, critiques and hands-on photographic exercises, students explore new potentials in the work they create. Topics include: portfolio reviews, defining personal vision, exploring the problem solving model, the importance of projects, presentation and craft.
Topics and activities:
- Understanding problem solving strategies in art making
- Increased skill in identifying the goals and objectives of your work
- Skills for articulating the strengths of your work
- Writing an effective artist statement
- Direction on pursuing your goals
- Action plan for improving your portfolio
Participants should bring a finished portfolio, or portfolios and numerous examples of works-in-progress or new directions. Work need not be matted.