This workshop will explore how to make portraits that reveal the inner light of your subjects. Capturing a true rendering of a person’s soul requires the ability to instantly connect with the subject, make the images quickly and without stress, knowledge of appropriate lighting techniques that compliment the subject, and post processing techniques that enhance the feeling you were trying to create in the session. Whether you are creating portraits for own portfolio or for clients, the end result will be deep, honest and sensitive portraits.
During the week we will cover:
- Creating a shooting environment that is warm and inviting
- Photographing with creative intention
- Setting the tone for the session
- Connecting with your subject and creating trust
- Appropriate studio and outdoor portrait lighting
- Post processing techniques in Lightroom and Photoshop
This workshop is appropriate for advanced amateurs and professional portrait photographers who have a solid understanding of their camera and are looking to make authentic portraits that capture the true nature of the subject.