Get psyched for the intense, hands-on experience of this course! Working with varying budgets and workflows, students learn the decisions made everyday by the Director of Photography. Daily practices of multi-camera set ups, building shot sequences, hand held techniques, understanding light, directing crews, and walking and shooting are explored at length.
Daily Practices include:
- Directing Crew
- Understanding Light
- Understanding lenses
- Practical Workflow
- Multi-camera set ups
- Verite’ hand-held camera style
- Building shot sequences
- Covering a variety of shots
- Hand-held techniques, tracking shots, walking and shooting
- How to work in the expanding digital world
- Exporting Video to the web, apps, video podcasting
- Experiential filmmaking
*Resume prior to admittance is required for this workshop.